Sunday, August 7, 2011

Camping Trip

Our family left Friday afternoon for Sam A. Baker SP, to set up camp in the humid heat and then drive a few miles to the drive-in theatre to see Super 8 - the perfect summer thriller for a warm summer nite under the stars! Saturday morning we had eggs and fruit for breakfast, then spent the day lying in the river, listening to the murmur and tumble of the water sliding over the rocks, immersed in the clear cool water, minnows nibbling at our ankles. It was delightful to be one with the river for the day. A huge boulder on the river bank provided a shady spot for a picnic lunch.
We left by ten Sunday, packing up in record time to get home. I had artwork to pick up from the Black Door Gallery, not my own work, but the work I accepted in trade for my latest painting. Good trade.
We also took the kids to the grocery store with their allotted $60 to spend on food for the week. I trust that being on their own for the week will be a learning experience, and I have faith that they will step up to take care of themselves, and be kind to each other.

No comments: