Saturday, July 14, 2012

More Horizons classes this week

After eight weeks of leisurely summer times at home and fun weekend outings with family, it was time to turn my focus to teaching again...

I thoroughly enjoyed our "Exploring Painting" class offered by the Horizons program at Southeast Missouri State University. Seven students joined me for this class, and impressed themselves as they painted a variety of subjects, using their knowledge of basic color theory, media techniques, value and composition.

Mornings next week, I will be working with a group of 18 teens in the Junior Fashion Designer class, followed by afternoons with 18 preschoolers for the Kreative Kids class! On Tuesday, I will be sharing my experiences as a volunteer with the "Wings of Freedom" tour, in a program held at the Cape Girardeau Public Library at 7 pm. It also will be a busy week for Sierra, attending Girl Scout camp, and for Chip and Gabe who will be in Jefferson City for two days to attend Gabe's honor choir performance.

Before we know it, we will be driving to our annual family vacation spot on the shores of Keuka Lake, near Hammondsport, NY. And then, I join the Wings crew for a final outing before another year of teaching begins.





No comments: