Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cures for Winter Blues

When the skies get dark, the house is quiet and its too chilly to be outdoors for long, its sometimes a challenge to keep the blues at bay. Blasting some dance music, creating something in my well-lit studio, reading or Journaling in a cozy coffee house, daydreaming about flying, talking a walk in the sun and practicing yoga in the morning go a long way in keeping me bright, but the greatest blessing of joy is the presence of my expressive, radiant children, and the persistent, generous love of my best friend, Chip. I am blessed to share life with them, and I am glad we will have this holiday time together.

In them I am reminded of the Hope of Life, the liberty and strength found in fearlessness, and the Love that continues to bloom, stemming from gratitude and acceptance. They shine out with the Light that brings me warmth and joy this season. Thank you for these gifts, God. Thank you for shining in us all.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return."

No comments: