Thursday, October 11, 2012

A breath of Life

It seems that even one life, as a whole, follows a cycle of ebb and flow, inhaling to expand and view a much larger horizon and welcome the meeting of new souls; but also experiencing the exhale, a releasing, tightening, drawing in to a vital point, to pause in that place of stillness before drawing in again.

It seems that point is a significant place, a place of centering oneness, of stillness and nothingness, but yet also of knowing. It need not be feared, and there can be comfort in understanding that no part of the cycle is final or complete in itself. The cycle entire brings energy and life to the being who attends it.

I write this as a comfort to myself, as I feel I am letting go those whose company and acquaintance once filled my life with hope and joy, and whom are now, on the exhale,  being released. It is a sad thing to those sentimental, to those forgetting the fullness of the cycle of breath and the infinity of Life. We who are mortal and finitely minded fear loss, fear changes, fear the insecurity of the exhale.

The latest "inhale" portion of my life seems to have included years. Sometimes one can look back and say "that" is the significant occasion, or person or meeting that made me "catch my breath" and remind me to breath life in again. But as quickly as beings or opportunities come rushing in, they may also rush out, as the exhale releases and narrows perspective, again bringing focus to a single point. One may be lucky in life to find a being who agrees to hold your hand through this process, even to your very last breath, but that even that being is not the point. (I think we all know the point...)

I know there are more "inhales" to come, but that action of receiving is never done with force, but with simple awareness; for this is not a life owned, but embraced and released. There is nothing good in hoping to retain what is inhaled, as the inevitable exhale must follow in the flow of life.

I personally feel that the smoother, slower and deeper the cycle of ebb and flow, the more enjoyable the experience of this life...


No comments: