Monday, March 24, 2014

Time for a desert vacay

Greetings friends of Open Window Studio!
 
It has been a wonderful transition from winter to spring here at the studio, welcoming many new and returning students to explore their art and practice their skills. In these past few months, there have been fabulous watercolor florals, pastel chalk portraits, animal sketches, weavings, mache sculptures, realistic drawings, chalk landscapes, oil painted portraits, wildlife acrylic paintings, comic books and super hero masks created by the eighteen students visiting the studio weekly! What a variety of expressions and delight is found in exploring art together! I hope you have inpressed yourselves as much as you have impressed me with your skills!
 
It brings me joy to have the opportunity to teach and support each of you in your artistry, but it is time for a break. It is time to take the time carved out of this busy schedule months ago, and meet up with my friendly crew and do some flying through the southwestern desert. After viewing the world from an aerial perspective, baking my bones in the desert sun and spending every day outdoors, I shall return refreshed and recharged, to share my stories, make new art and meet with you all again.
 
I leave this Friday afternoon, and will be back in studio on Wednesday, April 16th. Lessons will resume on Wednesday, April 16th and continue through the entire month of May (thanks to the extended school year.) The end of the year always brings special events and outings. Please continue to message or courtesy call if you are unable to make your lesson time. I am happy to work with your busy schedules and reschedule when that option is available.  
 
I usually take the summer months off to enjoy time with my family, but as my children are teens and have their own plans for summer, I will be offering a more limited schedule/studio time to those students who wish to continue their lessons in the summer months.  If that option interests you,please schedule your summer lesson time by May 1st.  I will be offering Art Workshops at Yoga East every fourth Saturday of the month, Creation Station art (for ages 4-7) and Studio Art Adventures (for grades 4-7) every fourth Saturday at the Cape Public Library, and a Horizons summer workshop on campus, entitled "Project Runway," July 7-11. Keep up with summer events by visitinghttp://www.openwindowstudioart.blogspot.com/ or on FB page "Open Window Studio artist Kelly Hughes."  
 
I look forward to meeting with each of you this week, and again when I return mid-April.

No comments: